The best co-working spaces are those that not only build great circumstances to get the job done, but build an atmosphere that centres on innovation. They build a community of like-minded professionals. A great co-working space provides an environment of comfort and creativity. Of course, along with great coffee!
There are vast opportunities for co-working spaces in Gurgaon. Choosing the right one will really make a difference to you and your company. Deciding on a workspace for rent depends on many factors like design, location, cost, business support, and other perks. Here is an overview of shared office specifications that might influence your decision when considering a space.
1. Look for the type of co-working space. Everyone needs a place to work, and if you’ve decided to try co-working, then it’s time to choose a shared office where you can just plug in and get down to work. Yet, you need to do a little research into co-working spaces before you really take a leap into one of these. There are four types of co-working spaces. You should understand these and compare them to your needs before choosing your space. They are:
• Complete office. This is an elegant office space. Businessmen looking for a short stay usually choose this option. It is useful in entertaining clients along with providing good comfort. This is for those who want the benefits of quality service without the bothers of management. This option comes with a high price tag but offers a tasteful setting that encompasses all your office needs. The disadvantages of this co-working space is that it usually adheres to the 9-5 working hours rule and doesn’t leave a lot of room for fun and merriment.
• Office space. This is the cheapest option. Picture extra desks, chairs and cubicles that are leased out. It mostly includes large businesses that have realised the value of co-working spaces and rent out unused working areas within their office. The disadvantage of this type of co-working space is that it doesn’t provide to many opportunities for networking and collaboration.
• Co-working spaces. This shared office space ideal for freelancers and co-working start-ups. It provides a backdrop for networking and collaboration with like-minded professionals. Here, you get a desk and the opportunity to meet talented individuals from various industries and with extensive experience. This type of space usually attracts Millennials and Generation Z and is usually open for long hours and provides a great tone for innovative discussion and efficiency. These co-working spaces for start-ups are quite affordable and flexible and are a medium for building quality networks as well as sustaining those networks as the business grows. When you increase the connections in your network, your network becomes more valuable. The disadvantage of this type of space is that although it provides great opportunities to network, it does not provide much more than that, for example, training and funding.
• Co-working incubators. This is built exclusively for a particular group of professionals such as start-ups, creative writers, online businesses, etc. It is the secret underground haven for small business where they can connect with other businesses and strengthen their start-ups. Various additional services are frequently presented at these spaces. These include funding, training, support and advice. This combines the best of both worlds. On the one hand these professionals have the independence of being an entrepreneur and on the other the same benefits as organizations tending to their employees. These spaces are actively involved with the growth of your start-up and facilitate your business every step of the way. These co-working spaces create an atmosphere where start-ups can lay strong foundations and accelerate their careers. It is a great idea for entrepreneurs with a strong vision, a great deal of motivation and a remarkable dynamism. The disadvantage of this type of co-working space is that most of them accept only start-ups as members. It would perhaps, be a good idea to call first and find out their availability.
2. Look for schedules. Some co-working spaces are open 24/7, whereas other are open only from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Select a space based on the time schedule that suits you best.
3. Look for diversity. This is because the more diverse your co-workers, the more widely you can network your business. It will be more beneficial for you in the short term as well as long-term, to interact with professionals from various industries rather than just with other IT start-ups. A superior co-working space will reflect an environment where you can come upon other skilled professionals from different disciplines.
4. Look for an agile office space. This type of office space displays flexibility and freedom in movement. When people are not overcrowded and have room to move around, they tend to perform better. You should look out for a space that has designated independent areas for different activities. Examples of this would be specified spaces for informal meetings, phone booths, private spaces, copy area, breakout area, brainstorming area and team collaboration area, among others.
5. Look for full office services. Make sure the space you choose is fully equipped with the resources you need. These may include office supplies, video conferencing equipment, printer, scanner, projector, etc.
6. Look for utilities. A lot of chance meetings and networking happen in the cafe area. Make sure you choose a space that is fully equipped so that people would want to hang out around the proverbial ‘water cooler’. These utilities may include coffee machine, microwave, fridge, toaster, etc.
7. Look for a virtual office. Some co-working spaces offer virtual office services. These may include a remote receptionist, a phone answering service, voicemail, virtual mailing address, etc. Although these packages come with a high price tag, they take care of all your secretarial and administrative needs, leaving you to focus on your goals.
So, now you know which type of co-working space will suit you the best and what to look out for when choosing one. But what happens when you actually turn up at the venue but are disappointed, because this is not what you had in mind. You might be expecting a fun and groovy office but what you might get instead is a drab traditional office atmosphere. Don’t worry! We have a solution for this at desqworx.com. We offer a wide range of options for you to choose from. You can choose the location, the dates, the type of co-working space you want and number of seats you require, among many other things. You can even choose a space according to your budget and go through our image library to choose the kind of vibe you want from your co-working space. We will do all the work for you. All you have to do is click away to your destination!
We hope these strategies will help you find your perfect co-working space. When you do, come back here and tell us about it!